Packaging & Miniaturization Solutions
- Flexible circuit thinness and light weight will enable a substantial packaging size reduction.
- Flexible circuits allow unique designs which solve interconnection problems.
- Flexible circuit’s ability to be folded or creased and positioned into the smallest areas makes miniaturization of many devices possible.
Reduction in Cost
- Thin and flexible polyimide film requires a much smaller area, reducing the packaging size and overall material costs.
- Flex circuits used as interconnects reduce the number of connections to be soldered.
- Elimination of connectors and solder joints reduce costs.
Replacement for Wiring
- Flex circuits are an efficient and cost saving method to eliminate wires and wire harness assemblies.
- Flex circuit wiring simplifies designs.
- Flex circuits used to replace wiring reduces the errors common in hand wired assemblies.
High Temperature Applications
- Flex circuits dissipate heat at a better rate than other dielectric materials.
- Flexible circuits are consistently reliable in high temperature environments.
- Expansion and contraction are minimized when using polyimide circuitry.
- Substantial weight reduction is a benefit over wires and wire harnesses.
- Polyimide films can be as thin as .004 inches in total.
- The flexibility of polyimide film makes flex circuits the leading choice for interconnecting movable components.